Elon Musk Net Worth 2023
|Net Worth||$215 Billion|
|Profession||Businessman, Entrepreneur, Angel Investor|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1971|
Elon Musk net worth is estimated at around 16.80 lakh crores in Indian rupees. Elon Musk’s net worth in USD is estimated at around 21500 crores which is $215 billion as of 2023. This man often creates headlines. This South-African born Canadian-American businessman has a fan following all around the world. From 10 to 85 years old can give that “Yeah, I know him” look when we talk about Elon Musk. This man is an investor, inventor, entrepreneur, richest man in the universe, and much more. He is the backbone of SpaceX, Tesla, and SolarCity.
Elon Musk Net Worth in Rupees
Elon Musk net worth in rupees is estimated at around 16.80 lakh crores in Indian rupees. Elon Musk’s over-weighted net worth is why he is the world’s richest person. The word Elon Musk is enough to create a buzz everywhere.
Elon’s net worth is estimated at around $21500 crores which is $215 billion. Elon Musk sold his companies to others, sold majority of his personal real estate for crores, and live in a small house worth an estimated $50000. Elon is an angel investor and inventor, and he dreams to make life multi planetary with a human settlement on Mars.
Elon Musk is wearing multiple hats at the same time. He is the CEO of SpaceX, the CEO and chief architect of Tesla, and the chairman of SolarCity. Estimating net worth, the yearly income of Elon Musk would be $1.52 billion. His daily income might range up to $650 million per day.
Elon Musk Net Worth Overview
|Name||Elon Reeve Musk|
|Profession and Companies owned||Investor, Inventor, CEO of SpaceX, Tesla, SolarCity, OpenAI, Neuralink, The Boring Company|
|Net worth in rupees (Estimated)||INR 16.80 lakh crores|
|Net worth in USD (Estimated)||$21500 crores|
|Net worth in billion (Estimated)||$215 Billion|
|Monthly income (Estimated)||$1.52 billion|
|The income per day (Estimated)||$650 Million|
Elon Musk Net Worth Growth
Elon Musk’s net worth was going at a gradual pace till 2020. 2020 marks a significant change and growth in Elon musk’s net worth. He started the year with $24.6 Billion but ended with $151 billion. Suddenly his income and revenue generation skyrocketed to a whole new level.
Elon Musk’s net worth increased to as high as $335 Billion when Tesla motor’s capitalization topped $1.2 trillion in November 2021. In October 2021, Elon Musk had around $300 million when the SpaceX valuation was $100 Billion and Tesla’s market capitalization topped $1 trillion. Let us skim through Elon Musk’s net worth growth in the past few years.
Elon Musk Investment
Elon Musk most of his income is from investing in companies. Let us look at the significant investments that Elon Musk made, which changed his net worth to hundreds of billions.
- PayPal- PayPal is one of Musk’s best investments. Musk has invested his Money from the software company he sold to X.com. Later X.com got collaborated with a money transfer company. Then the company was bought by eBay.
- With the Money he got from PayPal, he invested the Money in Space Exploration Technologies Corporation which is SpaceX. The company’s main objective is to create spacecraft that will be a revolution and create spacecraft that can take humans to Mars.
- Elon Musk is an angel investor in DeepMind Technologies. Musk invested the Money in DeepMind Technologies because he does not favor the idea of AI overtaking humans. DeepMind was launched in 2010.
- The Boring Company is another significant investment of Elon Musk. Elon Musk is continuously proving his entrepreneurship ability. He thinks humans don’t need to depend on the road to travel. One can even use the underground to travel, which is what the Boring Company is.
- Elon Musk was just a board member of Tesla Motors. In 2008 Musk became the CEO. Tesla is the most prominent electric car producer, aiming to accelerate the advent of sustainable energy and transport.
- Twitter is another significant investment of Musk. Assuming his net worth was $220billion, Elon invested 1.3% of his net worth on Twitter, making him the highest stakeholder of Twitter. Elon Musk offered a board of directors seat, but this man rejected the offer and bought Twitter for $44 billion.
- Elon Musk is an investor in cryptocurrency as well. He owns Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Doge.
Elon Musk Biography
Elon Musk, a man who has often made it to the headlines, is an engineer, architect, angel investor, leader, inventor, and whatnot. Elon Reeve Musk, born in Pretoria, South Africa, in 1971, Elon Musk had the privilege of being the first son. Yes, he is the eldest son of the Musk family. Their Father was an engineer; their mother was a model and dietitian; Elon Musk had it all. He didn’t want to suffer in his life. They lived a very fulfilling, wealthy life. In 1980, Musk’s parents broke up, and Elon lived most of his life with his Father.
Despite being born into a wealthy family, Elon was not treated well in his school. His school had bullies who often beat him and bullied him. He made quite a few friends. He was a bookworm, and always his head would be dipped deep inside a book.
Elon was not like other children. He started his schooling a year earlier. At age 12, he created a video game and sold it to a computer magazine for $500.
Musk moved to The States in 1992 to pursue Physics. He got admission to the University of Pennsylvania. He got an economics degree and a physics degree. He went to Stanford to pursue his Ph.D. in physics. But after two days of joining Stanford, Elon dropped out. That’s the start of Elon’s business journey.
|Name||Elon Reeve Musk|
|Profession||Businessman, Entrepreneur, Angel Investor|
|Net Worth in Indian Rupees||16.80 lakh crore in INR|
|Net Worth in Dollars||21500 crores USD|
|Monthly Income||$200 Million|
|Age||28 June 1971 (52 years)|
|Profession||Businessman, Entrepreneur, Angel Investor|
|Nationality||South African, American, Canadian|
|Parents||Maye Musk (Model, Dietician) Errol Musk (Engineer)|
|Siblings||Kimbal Musk, Tosca Musk|
|Education||University of Pennsylvania (Bachelor in Physics and Economics)|
Elon Musk Business
The world’s most affluent man’s income started when he was just 12 years old. He made a video game when he was at the age of 12. He sold it for $500. That was his first income. Elon Musk and his brothers started a software company in 1995, which they sold to COMPAQ.
He received $22 million, from which he invested $10 million to create X.com. X.com was a financial service provider. X.com changed its name to PayPal a year later by collaborating with another money-transferring platform. In 2002, Elon sold PayPal to eBay for $1.5 billion.
Musk is a person who believes humans are the only ones who can rule the multi-planet. That idea and his dissatisfaction with the other rocket launchers made him launch Space Exploration Technologies, which is SpaceX. This cost is a high expense for Musk. But somehow, he managed to launch the company with a motive to make affordable rockets that could take humans to Mars without much complication. SpaceX’s first two rockets were Falcon 1, launched in 2006, and the larger Falcon 9, launched in 2010. These two rockets were made with less Money than the competitors. However, the third rocket, the heavy rocket named Falcon Heavy, was launched in 2018. It can carry around 53000kgs. It was double the size of the competitors.
Musk’s interest was not only in Rockets but also in cars, especially electric cars. IN 2004 Elon Musk became the principal founder of Tesla Motors, the largest producer of giant electric cars. Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning founded this company. Elon Musk became the CEO of Tesla along with SpaceX. And with his mastermind behind it, Tesla launched the first car named “Roadster,” which can travel 245 miles with a single charge. After two years, Tesla launched another car named the Model S sedan. Tesla also introduced the Model X Luxury SUV, which was a major hit and became the best-selling electric car of all Time.
Musk also wanted to expand his business in railways. Because he was dissatisfied with the rail in America, he proposed a faster railway system named the Hyperloop in 2013. But with SpaceX and Tesla, he couldn’t concentrate more on Hyperloop’s development.
Not every CEO creates a personal brand on social media. But Elon Musk was different. In 2009, he joined Twitter and consistently posted updates about life and business. In 2022, Elon Musk became the major shareholder of Twitter with his 1.3 % of net worth. The day after he became the major shareholder, he was offered the board of directors’ seat. But he refused it and bought Twitter for $44billion.
Elon Musk Social Media
The billionaire, leader, inventor, and investor is not much active on social media. But it is said that Elon Musk has a secret Instagram account. But his Twitter account, where he is very active and often tweets something, has crossed 100M+ followers in 2022. In case you want to visit Elon Musk Twitter profile, you can click here.
Elon Musk Assets
Elon Musk lives in Boca Chica, Texas. This man is living in a tiny, foldable house. He finds his house “awesome.” Elon Musk is living in a prefabricated, foldable house with one large room divided into a living room and bedroom with a fully furnished kitchen and bathroom. His house costs around $50,000.
Elon Musk sold all his real estate properties, including the one he bought for his ex-wife Talulah in Silicon Valley. With his net worth, he can buy almost all the real estate in the world. But this man has many more assets than real estate, which has billions of worth. Let us look at the expense assets or the things that Elon Musk owns.
|Tesla||$58.04 billion (Rs 44,44,96,43,80,000).|
|SpaceX||$74 billion (Rs 56,67,25,30,00,000)|
|$44 billion (approx. Rs 3 lakh 37 thousand rupees)|
|Neuralink||$363 million (Rs 27,78,96,46,500)|
|The Boring Company||$5.7 billion (Rs 4,36,28,08,50,000)|
|The Gulfstream G650ER||$66.5 million (Rs 5,09,09,40,750)|
|SolarCity||$3.5 billion (Rs 2,67,99,85,00,000)|
Elon Musk Unique Leadership Style
It is no doubt that Elon Musk has comparatively unique and out-of-the-paper ideas when it comes to his team. Elon Musk always makes sure he feeds his objectives to his team. It is said that the inventor and investor are following the “transactional leadership style.” Let’s look at the unique leading styles Elon Musk uses in his professional life.
- First and foremost is to hire highly skilled and adaptable employees. Elon Musk believes an influential and highly skilled person can help cut down the extra Time and helps in reaching the goal fastly.
- Get feedback. Even after becoming the world’s richest person, Elon Musk still believes in getting people’s feedback on his ideas. He always asks his employees to give him constant feedback.
- Elon Musk never neglects his failures. He had had a massive number of failures before coming here. He says if you are not failing, then you are not innovating. We can’t agree more on this.
- The Stretch Goal strategy of Elon Musk is quite famous in the business world. Elon Musk always puts unattainable and impossible goals in front of his employees. And motivate them to complete it. He thinks this will make his employees squeeze more creative juice and reduce unproductivity.
- Continuously learn and continue to hone your skills. It is what Elon Musk’s policy is when it comes to skill improvement. Elon Musk believes continuous learning will help in improving innovation and creative ability. He suggests the same to his employees as well.
Elon Musk Love Life
Elon Musk never fails to make headlines for his dating life. Let us have a look at Elon Musk’s life history.
- Elon Musk married his campus love, Justine Wilson, in 2000. The couple had a loving life with their six children before finally breaking up in 2008.
- After Splitting from Justine, Elon dated the Pride and Prejudice fame Talulah Riley. The couple tied the knot in 2010 and divorced in 2014. But the couple decided to call off their divorce, tied the knot again in 2015, and divorced in 2016.
- Musk and Amber Heard started dating in 2016. The couple decided to call off their relationship in 2018, stating that the work and distance were making it hard for their relationship.
- Musk and the musician started dating in 2018, shortly after their breakup with Heard. After an on-and-off relationship, the couple finally broke up in March 2022. The couple also delivers a child through surrogacy.
- Recently Musk fathered twins with Neuralink’s top executive Shivon Zilis.
- There are rumors that Musk and Natasha Bassette are dating. But the couple didn’t make any official announcement.
Elon Musk Philanthropy Works
Elon Musk is the wealthiest billionaire working to make changes in the world. Is he a philanthropist? Well, that’s a question to be asked, indeed. Despite being the world’s richest person, his relationship with philanthropy is on and off. More off than on. Elon Musk said Money is not the only need; it is how Money is used. He also argued last year that most billionaires do this philanthropy work just to achieve the people’s favor.
Elon Musk had promised to donate $6 billion to the World Food Programme to stop world hunger. But did he give away his Money? No, he broke his promise.
Elon Musk donated $5.7 billion to charity last November. But that donation has no prior or further details. If he had offered the Money for real, he would have made his name as the second largest donor in America. But there was no detail about the Money he donated or how it was used. Only Musk knows the details.
Elon Musk argues that Tesla and SpaceX are philanthropic works. Tesla is aiming to fasten up the introduction of sustainable energy and transport. And SpaceX aims to provide the internet to people around the world. Anyways, only Elon Musk knows whether what he is doing is philanthropy or not.
Elon Musk Awards and Honors
The following are some of the awards and recognition received by the global leader and billionaire for his works.
- In 2007, Elon Musk received the “Entrepreneur of the Year Award” from Inc. Magazine for SpaceX and Tesla.
- In 2008, Musk received the “National Conservation Achievement Award” from the National Wildlife Federation.
- Received “Von Braun Trophy” from the National Space Society from 2008 to 2009.
- Listed in Time’s top 100 people who affected the world in 2010.
- Esquire Magazine listed Elon Musk as one of the 75 most influential people in the 21st century.
- Kitty Hawk Foundation recognized Elon Musk as the “Living Legend of Aviation” in 2010.
- Musk was awarded IEEE Honorary Membership in 2015.
- Listed in the Forbes list of “Most Innovative Leaders of 2019.”
- Awarded “Axel Springer Award” in 2020.
- “Person of the year” by Times in 2021.
Lesser-known Facts about Elon Musk
Let us know the lesser-known facts about the Billionaire Elon Musk.
- Elon Musk got admission to Stanford to pursue a doctorate in Physics. But after two days of joining, he dropped out of Stanford.
- Elon Musk made cameo appearances in “Iron Man 2”, “The Big Bang Theory,” “The Simpsons,” “South Park,” and “Rick and Morty.”
- Musk used his PayPal money which is $100 million, which he acquired from eBay, to create SpaceX.
- At 12, Elon Musk created a video game called “Blaster,” which he sold for $500.
- Elon Musk has been diagnosed with a rare disease called “Asperger’s Syndrome,” which makes it difficult to social interaction for Musk.
Elon Musk’s estimated net worth is around 21,540 crores USD.
Elon Musk is the wealthiest person in the world, with a net worth of 21 540 crores USD.
Elon Musk is making history with his consistent earnings. His one-day income ranges upto $36 Billion.
Elon Musk, an inventor and investor, topped the wealthiest man in the world list within nine years after entering the richest person list. His primary income, which has made him the wealthiest person in the world, is his shareholdings in Tesla, an electric car-making company.
Most of the CEOs and Billionaires don’t come from solid households. But Elon Musk is not the same. Elon Musk’s family has a solid and wealthy background. His mother was a dietician and Model, while his Father was an engineer.